Fitness Tips & Healthy Harry says:
- Plan your meals and snacks for the week ahead before you hit the shops.
- Write a shopping list and stick to it.
- Avoid temptation by bypassing the confectionary, soft drink and chip aisles. They’re usually impossible to resist if they make it in to your trolley and pantry.
- Don’t go shopping when you’re hungry or tired.
- Learn to read the nutrition labels of packaged foods.
- Get to know your local green grocer or market; they tend to have a greater variety of seasonal produce and plenty of suggestions for preparing it.
- Consider shopping for your groceries online and have them home delivered; you’re unlikely to give in to impulse buys when you’re sitting in front of your computer, and you can use the time that you save to do some exercise.