Happiness and Self Love
It is a big question that we all have thought about at some point in our lives. How do we attain happiness and lead the life we want? A life that inspires us and those around us?
Unfortunately, society has created blocks which make it hard to truly fulfil our need and want for inner happiness and self-love. For example, if you are single, you should be married. Or, if you are married, you should have a child. Maybe you have one child, then you should have two. You’re are a stay-at-home parent, you should be working. If you are a working mum, you should be spending more time at home with the family. You get the picture!
So, what to do? One of the most important thing to practice is truly being yourself. That is, making decisions based on what is best for you, or self-love. Looking within and exploring what it is that makes you tick. What you want your life to look like and then setting about to conquer those goals.
Leanne & Fitness Tips Say:
- Finding things we like or love about ourselves can sometimes be difficult. Ask a close friend or family member to tell you all the things they like about you. BE KIND to yourself.
- Think of an act of kindness or goodwill that you have recently done and praise yourself for it.
- The only way to combat dislike or hate is to start forgiving. We have all made mistakes and now is the time to start forgiving yourself. Forgive poor choices and decisions you have made. It is also important to forgive the people in your life who have hurt you, and that you have hurt. Let go and watch how forgiveness heals the wounds within.
- Stop with the negative words and thoughts. They will bring you down and make you miserable and possibly even depressed. Think of positive words and use them in conversations. When you think and talk to others, and yourself, talk positively and feel that happiness and self-love grow!
- Stop saying that you cannot do something. Always say I can!
- Celebrate your successes. Celebrate you! Tell yourself that you are proud of yourself. Clearly state in your mind what it is that you have done that makes you proud and feel good about yourself.
Rather than waiting for happiness to come to you, focus on getting into a positive headspace. Read more here.