Natural, easy ways to reduce your anxiety.
Anxiety affects many of us and can be triggered by a variety of different situations and thoughts. How it manifests differs from person to person but can be identified by symptoms like breathlessness, dizziness, shaking, insomnia, racing thoughts, restlessness, and difficulty concentrating, just to name a few. When these symptoms become worse than the problem causing them; this is when anxiety can be debilitating. The first step to dealing with anxiety is to recognise the symptoms. This will then allow you to manage them.
Leanne & Fitness Tips say:
Here are some natural ways to reduce the symptoms of anxiety:
- Eat a healthy diet – Diets containing high levels of fruit and vegetables, lean meat, fish, nuts and whole grains can help to reduce the symptoms of anxiety.
- Probiotics – Taking probiotics has been associated with improved mental health.
- Limit caffeine – Caffeine can in fact worsen the feelings of anxiety in some people.
- Limit or abstain completely from consuming alcohol – Anxiety and excessive alcohol consumption are strongly linked, so it may be for the best to keep away from drinking.
- Quit smoking – Quitting smoking has been linked to improved mental health.
- Try meditation – One type of meditation-based therapy, mindfulness-based stress reduction, has been shown to significantly reduce the symptoms of anxiety.
- Practice yoga – Regular practice of yoga has been shown to improve the symptoms of anxiety.
- Mindfulness – When you are in a mindful state, you become aware of your body’s emotions, feelings and thoughts. Mindfulness can help anxiety, read more here.